Jun 26, 2010

An anniversary.

Today’s a big deal in some quarters - it’s the one year anniversary of the death of Michael Jackson and people were commemorating his passing by dressing up as him and playing his music. This I find somewhat strange (and a bit stupid) – people gathering and pretending they’re Michael Jackson is just plain weird. Then again, a lot surrounding Michael Jackson has proven to be weird.

I like the picture above – I like it because this is how I remember Michael Jackson. This is Michael Jackson who sang all those great songs back when I was a teenager (and even before I was a teenager), Michael Jackson who sang the song on the first 45 I ever owned (I Want You Back), the Michael Jackson who had a slew of terrific poppy hits over a few year period.

Anyway, while some people are out there mourning, the collective sphincters of a generation of young boys can finally unclench – as much as people may have loved Michael, there were far too many unanswered questions surrounding him and some of his proclivities to start awarding him sainthood.

2 comments:

Peter VINCENT said...

"...the collective sphincters of a generation of young boys can finally unclench"
LOL!! I just laughed so hard my coffee came out my nose. Thanks for that laugh PJ. Hope all is good with you.

regards
pete

PJ said...

We aim to please Pete! :)